Event 4 Sacred Hill new date is the 21st August. See event page for details.
Play in the Bay. Stay in the Bay.
Hammer Nutrition Hawke’s Bay Trail Run Series
The winter months are when most of the world hibernates. But not here in Hawke’s Bay. In Hawke’s Bay, winter is when we come out to play in the winter sun – just like the summer sun only a little cooler. The Hawke’s Bay Trail Run Series gives you the chance to see parts of Hawke’s Bay you may not ordinarily get to see while at the same time experiencing the joys and pleasures of running off road.
Hawke’s Bay: Closer than you think
Just 90 minutes from Taupo gets you to some of the best weather in the country; all year round. We have some of the best off road running locations in the country. We definitely have some of the best food and wine in the country. We have everything here for you to make a family weekend out. Don’t just come for the day. Make a weekend of it. It’s all here. It’s all in one place. It’s closer than you think.
Five runs in four different locations, all courses are slightly different from the previous year. Something for everyone from the seasoned off road runner to the very beginner. Put these dates for 2016 in your diaries now.
- May 1st – Lake Tutira and surrounding hills
- June 5th – Pan Pac Forest Eskdale, Tait’s Road
- July 3rd – Te Mata Peak & Chambers farm, Matangi Road
- August 7th – Sacred Hill Riflemans Vineyard
- September 4th – Course Change, new venue TBA as the forest will be closed for logging after our June run.
Three different distances to choose from at each event:
- Short distance of 5 – 9 km for walkers and runners
- Medium distance of 11 – 15 km for walkers and runners
- Half marathon distance of 21 km for runners only
Entries are open for 2016
You will need to read through the information for your own safety to make sure you are ready to have some great off road fun.
We’re capping entries this year for individuals as we are running out of space to park cars and we don’t want too many people on the trails. Please make every effort to carpool whenever you can.